Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Octomom and Reality

This morning, I sat drinking my coffee, and reading the latest news about the famous octomom, and suddenly I felt a whirlwind of emotions.
1st, let me begin by saying that I personally would have never consented to having 6 babies, let alone undergoing a procedure that would create 8 more. So, do not think that I am condoning Nadia’s actions, because I am not.
However, the fact is these children are here, and from what I see, this woman wants the chance to care for them. So, we as a society are faced with a dilemma. Sure we can do what others want and remove the children, but what are the grounds for such action, and what type of backlash will such action create? For instance, if society decides to take these children simply because Nadia is unemployed, receiving benefits, and lives in an extremely small house… are we not setting the stage for population control in America?
The way I see it, if we allow such actions to happen, we are ultimately suggesting that our government take control. We are essentially handing them the power to say that “any” mother who becomes pregnant while on welfare is unfit to raise her children, and this is simply not true! Therefore, I am against removing the octuplets unless Nadia does something completely out of hand, and that does not include receiving benefits, or living in a home that is too small. After all, there are “COMPLETE” families in Seattle Washington that live in one room motel rooms with 4-5-6 kids, and welfare never does a damn thing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment